A 2-day trip to Rishikesh from Delhi by cab can be a great way to explore this spiritual town and the surrounding areas. The journey by car takes around 6-7 hours, depending on traffic, and offers scenic views of the Indian countryside.
Rishikesh, located in the foothills of the Himalayas, is a popular destination for spiritual seekers and adventure enthusiasts. A 2-day trip to Rishikesh from Delhi by cab offers the perfect opportunity to explore this vibrant town and its many temples, ashrams and adventure activities.
- The cost of a 2-day trip to Rishikesh from Delhi by cab will vary depending on a number of factors, such as the type of car you choose, the distance traveled, and the time of year. Generally speaking, the cost can range anywhere from 15,000 to 30,000 INR (Indian Rupee) or more for a round trip in a comfortable cab, including fuel and driver’s charges, parking, tolls and taxes.
- The cost of accommodation in Rishikesh varies depending on the type of hotel or guesthouse you choose, but you can find budget-friendly options for around 1,000 to 2,500 INR per night.
- Additionally, the cost of food and activities in Rishikesh is relatively low, so you can expect to spend around 200 to 500 INR per day on meals and sightseeing.
Itinerary for 2 day trip to Rishikesh :
- Depart from Delhi early in the morning to avoid traffic.
- Stop at Haridwar for breakfast and to explore the ancient town and its famous temples.
- Continue to Rishikesh and check into your hotel.
- Visit the Triveni Ghat temple for the Ganga Aarti ceremony in the evening.
- Have dinner at one of Rishikesh’s famous restaurants and explore the town’s vibrant market.
- Start the day with yoga or meditation class at Parmarth Niketan temple.
- Visit the Beatles Ashram and explore the graffiti on the walls.
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Trimbakeshwar temple, one of the most sacred shrines of Lord Shiva.
- Visit the Shatrughan Temple cave and the Sri Vednath Temple cave in the evening.
- Return to Delhi by car
When planning your trip, you can pre-book a cab service from Delhi to Rishikesh to avoid last minute hassles. It’s also a good idea to book a hotel in advance. Make sure you’re familiar with the customs and etiquette when visiting the temples.
It’s also a good idea to confirm the opening hours of temples and any specific dress codes in advance. It’s important to keep in mind that Rishikesh is a spiritual town and many places have a strict dress code that requires visitors to wear traditional Indian attire. You may also want to take a guide with you to help you navigate and understand more about the places you are visiting.