The Helicopter service for the Char Dham Yatra typically operates from Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand, and covers all four temples in a single day. The flight duration is around 3-4 hours and includes a stop at each temple for darshan and puja.
The helicopter service allows pilgrims to experience the spiritual significance of the Char Dham Yatra without the physical hardships of the traditional journey.
Taking a helicopter tour is one of the safest and quickest way to visit all these sites and this package can cost between Rs 55,000- Rs 85,000 per person depending upon the time and season.
Plan your trip carefully and thoroughly. Make sure to have a clear plan of when and where you will go along with all the necessary paperwork like permits, passes, etc. If you are travelling in a group make sure that everyone is on the same page about what is expected from each person throughout the duration of the trip.
When it comes to safety, taking a helicopter for your Char Dham Yatra is quite safe since it flies above the rugged terrain at high altitudes.
There are still certain precautions that must be taken:
- Checking all permits and registrations before embarking on your journey.
- Carrying extra fuel kits or oxygen cylinders;
- Making sure you get regular medical check ups during your yatra.
- Keeping your emergency contact information handy in case of any emergencies.
- Making sure an emergency rescue team is available nearby in case of any landing or crash occurrences.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing You should wear comfortable clothes that are suitable for trekking and hiking, including non-slip footwear.
- Protect Yourself From The Sun The sun’s rays can be quite intense at higher altitudes due to the lack of humidity in the air so it is important to protect yourself by wearing sunscreen, sunglasses and wide brimmed hats while out in the sun.
- Choose Proper Accommodation And Food Make sure you book accommodation that is safe and clean as well as has efficient housekeeping staff who are knowledgeable about local safety conditions and precautions.
- Follow Local Safety Protocols It pays off to familiarize yourself with the local safety protocols such as avoiding certain areas or activities depending on what part of India you are visiting during your pilgrimage.