Rishikesh, the “Yoga Capital of the World,” offers not just a spiritual experience but also a culinary one. The city is known for its delicious traditional Indian cuisine as well as international and fusion food options. Discover the best places to eat in Rishikesh, India with our top 5 picks. From traditional street food to healthy and delicious vegetarian.
Many of these cafes also offer a variety of healthy and delicious vegetarian and vegan options. Often use locally-sourced ingredients in their dishes. Additionally, many cafes in Rishikesh have a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere and often have outdoor seating. Seating by the river Ganges, providing a great opportunity to enjoy a meal while taking in the natural beauty of the area.
Here Is The List Of Top 5 Places to eat in Rishikesh
- Chotiwala: This is a popular restaurant that serves traditional Indian food and is known for its delicious thali meals. The food is tasty and affordable, and the restaurant has a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
- Down Town Cafe: This is a popular spot that serves international and fusion food and is particularly known for its pizzas, pasta and sandwiches. Good food, ambient atmosphere and rooftop seating that gives a great view.
- Govind Gatta: This is a traditional restaurant that serves authentic local food and is famous for its dum aloo, dal makhani, and chana masala dishes. The restaurant is casual and family-friendly and it’s also an affordable option for a good meal.
- Chotiwalas Terrace Cafe: This is a rooftop cafe with a beautiful view of the Ganges river and the Beatles Ashram, It is a perfect place to enjoy a nice meal and unwind after a day of exploring the city. They serve Indian, Chinese, Italian and local food.
- Ganga Beach Restaurant: This restaurant has a great location right on the banks of the Ganges River. It serves a wide variety of Indian, Chinese, and Continental dishes. Offers spectacular views of the river and the surrounding mountains.