The Char Dham Yatra is a pilgrimage to four sacred Hindu temples in the Indian Himalayas: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. Take a spiritual journey into the heart of India with our Char Dham Yatra Package from Rishikesh. The duration of the trip can vary depending on the itinerary and mode of transportation. Typically, the Char Dham Yatra can take anywhere from 8 to 12 days, with a visit to each temple, and with Rishikesh as the starting point.
About the Char Dham Yatra and its History
The Char Dham Yatra is a pilgrimage tour in India that includes visiting the four sacred shrines in the Indian state of Uttarakhand: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. These shrines are dedicated to four of the most important deities in Hinduism: Yamuna, Ganga, Lord Shiva, and Lord Vishnu, respectively. The yatra, or journey, is considered to be one of the most sacred in Hinduism and is believed to wash away all sins and bestow blessings upon the pilgrim. The yatra has a long history, with references to it in ancient Hindu texts dating back thousands of years. The current formalization of the Char Dham Yatra is said to have been established by Adi Shankaracharya, an 8th century Indian philosopher and theologian, who is credited with consolidating the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta.
Char Dham Yatra Package Cost From Rishikesh
|Vehicle Type||Package Cost (Approx)|
|By Car||INR 80,000 – INR 1,20,000|
|By Bus||INR 40,000 – INR 60,000|
|By Helicopter||INR 1,50,000 – INR 2,00,000|
Perfect Trip Itinerary
Day 1: Rishikesh – Haridwar
- Takea train or bus from Rishikesh to Haridwar.
- Take a dip in the river and visit the famous Har Ki Pauri ghat.
Day 2: Haridwar – Barkot
- From Haridwar, take a bus or taxi to Barkot, a small town located at the base of the Yamunotri Temple.
- This temple is dedicated to the goddess Yamuna and is the starting point of the Char Dham Yatra.
Day 3: Barkot – Yamunotri – Barkot
- Take a pony or doli (palanquin) ride to the temple, which is about 6 km from Barkot.
- After visiting the temple, return to Barkot for the night.
Day 4: Barkot – Uttarkashi
- From Barkot, take a bus or taxi to Uttarkashi, a town located at the base of the Gangotri Temple.
- This temple is dedicated to the goddess Ganga and is the second stop on the Char Dham Yatra.
Day 5: Uttarkashi – Gangotri – Uttarkashi
- Take a pony or doli ride to the temple, which is about 18 km from Uttarkashi.
- After visiting the temple, return to Uttarkashi for the night.
Day 6: Uttarkashi – Guptkashi
- From Uttarkashi, take a bus or taxi to Guptkashi, a town located at the base of the Kedarnath Temple.
- This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is the third stop on the Char Dham Yatra.
Day 7: Guptkashi – Kedarnath – Guptkashi
- Take a pony or doli ride to the temple, which is about 14 km from Guptkashi.
- After visiting the temple, return to Guptkashi for the night.
Day 8: Guptkashi – Badrinath
- From Guptkashi, take a bus or taxi to Badrinath, a town located at the base of the Badrinath Temple.
- This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is the fourth and final stop on the Char Dham Yatra.
Day 9: Badrinath – Rishikesh
- Take a bus or taxi back to Rishikesh, an important pilgrimage site known for its holy Ganges River and numerous temples.
- Take a dip in the river and visit the famous Har Ki Pauri ghat.
Day 10: Rishikesh
- The last day of the itinerary is reserved for relaxation and exploring Rishikesh.
- Take a dip in the Ganges, take a yoga class or visit the ashrams, and explore the local markets.
This 10-day Char Dham Yatra itinerary from Rishikesh is the perfect way to experience the spiritual and natural beauty of Uttarakhand, India, and the four sacred sites of the region.
What is included in our Char Dham Package from Rishikesh ?
Char Dham packages typically include comfortable accommodations, such as spacious and cleaned rooms with basic amenities. These accommodations can range from homestays, guesthouses, and other types of lodging that provide a warm atmosphere near the holy sites. Additionally, these hotels may also offer free breakfast and wifi.
Another inclusion in Char Dham packages is transport, which traditionally comes in the form of a hired vehicle or convoy of cars, buses, or jeeps that take pilgrims along their journey through the holy sites. The vehicles usually come with insurance and experienced drivers who will give travelers a safe and convenient trip between each venerable destination on their pilgrimage.
- Food / dining options
In addition to transportation and accommodation needs, Char Dham packages sometimes offer food or dining options for those traveling along their spiritual journey through the four sacred sites. These meals may be included within certain tour packages so that pilgrims can refuel without having to worry about finding nearby options for sustenance during their pilgrimage.
- Tour guide or local guide
The last element that is commonly found in Char Dham packages is a tour guide or local cross-cultural expert who has indepth knowledge about the customs of India’s holy sites and cultural heritage within each destination area . With help from these guides , visitors may gain better insight into how they can fully maximize their spiritual journey while learning significant valuable messages on Hinduism’s religion along the way.
Where Can You Stay During the Yatra?
During the Char Dham Yatra, we will provide accommodations in a mix of 3 to 5 star hotels depending on your preferences. All accommodations come with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms, as well as modern amenities designed to make your stay safe and enjoyable. Additionally, you can also book traditional home-stays in villages along the way for an authentic Indian travel experience.
Other Activities Along The Journey
The Char Dham Yatra is not just a pilgrimage but also an opportunity to explore the beauty and culture of Uttarakhand. With so many activities to enjoy along the way, it’s no surprise that the Char Dham Yatra is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India.For nature lovers, the journey also includes a visit to the Valley of Flowers National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its diverse variety of flora and fauna.
What Pilgrim Temples Will We Visit During Our Char Dham Yatra from Rishikesh ?
Char Dham Yatra is one of the most sacred Hindu tours and it involves various spiritual sites located in the four directions of India. Start your pilgrimage tour with an exciting journey from Rishikesh to visit some of the legendary temples such as Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri. All these divine locations are known to be the places where Lord Vishnu and Goddesses Ganga and Yamuna reside. Don’t miss this opportunity to take part in this spiritual journey which will definitely bring blessings in your life.
How To Plan & Prepare For The Yatra
- Choose the Travel Dates
Choosing the ideal dates for your Char Dham Yatra from Rishikesh is the first step to making sure your pilgrimage will be pleasant and sacred. To allow yourself enough time to visit each of the four holy sites, plan for a week-long Yatra starting from Rishikesh.
When traveling for such a long journey, it can often be difficult to find accommodation as you go along. Booking accommodations ahead of time will ensure a safe and restful stay during your Yatra. Try to book multiple nights at each destination so that you will have enough time to explore with ease and reverence.
Getting around during your Char Dham Yatra is important if you want to make it through all four famous sites in just one week! Figuring out how you’ll get around is key in planning an efficient itinerary apace with affordable transport fees before setting out on your spiritual quest.
- Siteseeing & Shopping
When visiting each of the four sites, there will be plenty of opportunities to take in the incredible views while treasury hunting and shopping at local markets or souvenir shops throughout New Delhi, Kauri Pass, Gangotri, Yamunotri and Badrinath — all packed with beautiful jewelry and handmade artifacts, spices, fabrics and other specialties that vary by region.
- Research each Site
As part of preparing for your voyage, do some research on what makes each site special before you set off on your journey – this way, you being familiar with the stories behind them will help bring a newfound understanding and appreciation when finally standing before their magnificence firsthand!
- Guided Tours & Group Excursions
Taking a guided tour or joining a group excursion may be an easier alternative when tackling such strenuous terrain over multiple days in succession— not only are they cheaper than individual travel but they also incline towards more informed exploration led by certified guides who know immensely about local lore 😉
- Prepare Yourself Physically & Mentally
Last but certainly not least: mentally prepare yourself beforehand if considering taking part in this lengthy pilgrimage project across India! Meditation helps reduce stress while plenty of physical exercise allows us to perform better both physically and spiritually throughout our travels– hiking might appear simple at first but it isn’t easy work either!
- Accomodations, Food, and personal expenses
- Any other expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances like bad weather, landslides, roadblocks, etc.
- Airfare, train fare and any other transportation expenses.
- Travel insurance.
- Any other item not specified as included.
- Camera/Video camera fee at monuments.
Best Time To Travel Char Dham Yatra
The best time to travel to the Char Dham Yatra from Rishikesh is between April and June, and September to November. These months offer the best weather conditions for the journey, with mild temperatures and clear skies. Avoid travelling during the monsoon season, which falls between July and August, as the routes can be treacherous due to heavy rains and landslides.