The Char Dham Yatra is a pilgrimage to four sacred Hindu temples located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The temples are Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. The yatra is considered to be one of the most sacred pilgrimages for Hindus and is undertaken by thousands of people every year. The Char Dham Yatra by train is a popular way for people to embark on this pilgrimage as it is both convenient and cost-effective
The Char Dham Yatra package by train includes round-trip train fare, accommodation, and transportation to and from the temples. The package also includes meals and a guide to assist with the yatra. The train journey begins from the city of Haridwar, which is considered to be the gateway to the Char Dham. From Haridwar, the train travels to Rishikesh, where the yatra begins.
- Badrinath Temple: The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is located in the town of Badrinath in Chamoli district. It is considered to be one of the most sacred temples in Hinduism and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
- Kedarnath Temple: The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is located in the town of Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district. It is considered to be one of the 12 Jyotirlingas, which are considered to be the holiest of all Shiva temples.
- Gangotri Temple: The temple is dedicated to the goddess Ganga and is located in the town of Gangotri in Uttarkashi district. It is considered to be one of the most sacred temples in Hinduism and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
- Yamunotri Temple: The temple is dedicated to the goddess Yamuna and is located in the town of Yamunotri in Uttarkashi district. It is considered to be one of the most sacred temples in Hinduism and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
The Char Dham Yatra by train itinerary typically includes the following stops: Haridwar, Rishikesh, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. The duration of the journey varies depending on the package but generally ranges from 5 to 7 days.
- Day 1: Haridwar to Rishikesh
- Day 2: Rishikesh to Badrinath
- Day 3: Badrinath to Kedarnath
- Day 4: Kedarnath to Gangotri
- Day 5: Gangotri to Yamunotri
- Day 6: Yamunotri to Haridwar
Tips for Planning your Char Dham Yatra by Train
1. Booking in advance
It is recommended to book your Char Dham Yatra package by train well in advance to ensure availability of accommodations and train tickets.
2. Necessary documents
Make sure to carry all necessary documents, including ID proof and a valid passport if you are a foreign national.
3. Clothing and footwear
Pack appropriate clothing and footwear for the yatra, as the temples are located in mountainous regions and the weather can be quite chilly.
4. Porter or pony/doli
Consider hiring a porter or pony/doli to carry your luggage if you have any physical limitations.
Our Commitment to Safe Holidays
- COVID-19 Measures
We take the safety of our customers very seriously and have implemented strict COVID-19 measures to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for all.
We regularly sanitize all vehicles, accommodations, and common areas to ensure a clean and safe environment for our customers.
- Social distancing
We enforce social distancing measures in all vehicles and accommodations to ensure the safety of our customers.
- Mask policy
Masks are mandatory for all customers and staff during the entire journey, and those without masks will not be allowed to travel.
- Health screening
All customers will undergo a health screening before the start of the journey, and anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel.
Flexible cancellation policy
We understand that the current situation may be uncertain, and we offer a flexible cancellation policy for customers who need to cancel their journey due to COVID-19 related issues.
- After booking, customers will receive a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours.
- In the event that their preferred slots are already taken, they can opt to have an alternate schedule arranged according to their preference and another confirmation voucher will be sent accordingly.
- On the other hand, customers may opt to cancel the booking before confirmation in order to receive a full refund.