Kedarnath and Badrinath Yatra also known as Do Dham Yatra packages are the ultimate pilgrimage experience for devotees of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu respectively.
|02 Pax||RS- 20,500||Hotel Krishna/ Day 1||Dzire|
|03 Pax||RS-17,500||Kedarnath Ji Ashram Day 2||Dzire|
|04 Pax||RS-15,500||Hotel Krishna/ Day 3||Bolero|
|05-06 Pax||RS- 15,500||Manav Kalyan Badrinath Ji / Day 4||Bolero|
|09-10Pax||RS- 14,500||||Tempo Traveller|
|12 Pax||RS- 13,500||||Tempo Traveller|
Packages are designed to cater to all budgets and preferences, ensuring that every traveler can embark on this journey with ease. From comfortable accommodations and transportation to specialized services for the elderly or physically challenged, we offer a comprehensive range of services to make your yatra an unforgettable one.
History and Significance about Kedarnath and Badrinath:
- It is believed to be the site where Lord Shiva appeared in the form of a bull to the Pandavas.
- It is also considered to be one of the twelve Jyotirlingas, or the holiest shrines of Lord Shiva.
- The temple at Kedarnath is over a thousand years old and is situated at an altitude of 3,583 meters in the Himalayas.
- The temple is believed to have been built by the Pandavas during the Mahabharata era.
- Pilgrims undertake the Kedarnath yatra to seek blessings of Lord Shivaand to perform the traditional rituals.
- Badrinath is one of the four sacred shrines in Hinduism known as the “Chota Char Dham” pilgrimage.
- It is believed to be the site where Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of a Badri tree to the sage Narada.
- The temple at Badrinath is over a thousand years old and is located at an altitude of 3,133 meters in the Himalayas.
- The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is believed to be one of the 108 Divya Desams, the holiest shrines of Lord Vishnu.
- The temple was originally built by Adi Shankaracharya, an Indian philosopher and theologian, in the 8th century AD.
- Pilgrims undertake the Badrinath yatra to seek blessings of Lord Vishnu and to perform traditional rituals.
Route Map for Kedarnath and Badrinath yatra:
Haridwar to Rishikesh->Rishikesh to Devprayag->Devprayag to Srinagar->Srinagar to Rudraprayag->Rudraprayag to Tilwara->Tilwara to Agastmuni ->Agastmuni to Kund ->Kund to Guptakashi->Guptakashi to Sonprayag ->
From Sonprayag you will have to hire a local 4X4 to reach Gaurikund. From here it’s a trek of about 16.5kms up till Kedarnath Temple
Travelling tips for Yatra:
- Plan ahead: Plan your trip well in advance and book your accommodations, transportation and other necessary arrangements well ahead of time to avoid last-minute hassles.
- Pack appropriately: Pack warm clothes, sturdy shoes, and necessary medications. The weather can be unpredictable, so pack accordingly.
- Get in shape: The journey to Kedarnath and Badrinath can be physically challenging, so it’s essential to be in good physical shape.
- Hire a guide: A guide can be very helpful in providing information about the history, culture and also safety aspects of the yatra.
- Be prepared for altitude sickness: The high altitude of Kedarnath and Badrinath can cause altitude sickness, so it’s essential to be aware of the symptoms and take necessary precautions.
- Respect the environment: Do not litter, and try to minimize your impact on the environment as much as possible.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and avoid altitude sickness.
Activities you can do while on Yatra:
- Temple visits: Visit the Kedarnath and Badrinath temples and participate in the traditional puja and darshan rituals.
- Trekking: Kedarnath and Badrinath are surrounded by beautiful trekking trails that offer breathtaking views of the Himalayas.
- Nature walks: Take a leisurely walk around the temples and enjoy the natural beauty of the area, including the lush greenery and diverse wildlife.
- River Rafting: The Mandakini river in Kedarnath offers great opportunities for river rafting for adventure seekers.
- Photography: Capture the stunning landscapes, ancient temples, and unique culture of the region through your lens.
Food you can try on Yatra:
The traditional cuisine of the region is heavily influenced by the local culture, and many of the dishes are prepared using locally sourced ingredients.
Some of the popular dishes you can expect to find include:
- Dal-Bhat: This is a traditional lentil and rice dish that is commonly served in the region.
- Aloo ke Gutke: Potatoes cooked with a variety of spices.
- Chainsoo: A dish made of beaten rice and yogurt.
- Madua Roti: A type of flatbread made from finger millet flour.
- Siddu: A steamed dumpling filled with a mixture of lentils and spices.
- Bal Mithai: A sweet dish made from khoya and sugar.
- Bhaang Ki Khatai: Flatbread made from hemp seeds.
- Local Drinks: Local drinks such as chhang, rakshi, and arak are also available which are made from millet and other grains.
- Temple guesthouses: These are the most basic accommodation options, and are run by the temple authorities. They are usually located close to the temples and offer simple rooms with basic amenities.
- Dharamshalas: Dharamshalas are budget-friendly lodgings that are run by charitable trusts or religious organizations. They usually offer dormitory-style accommodation and shared bathrooms.
- Hotels: For those looking for more comfortable accommodation, there are several hotels available in the region, ranging from budget to luxury options. These are equipped with all the modern amenities and services.
- Camping: For a more unique experience, you can also opt for camping in the surrounding areas of the temples. Tents and other camping equipment can be rented or provided by the local tour operators.
Worth Visiting places in Kedarnath and Badrinath:
- Vasuki Tal
- Gandhi Sarovar
- Kedarnath Peak
- Tapt Kund
- Neer Garh Waterfall
- Mana village
Kedarnath and Badrinath yatra Package Overview.
Explore the spiritual heartland of India with our Kedarnath Badrinath Yatra packages. Visit the sacred temples of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu and experience the devotion and serenity of one of the most important pilgrimage routes in Hinduism. With comfortable accommodations, expert guidance, and customizable options, our packages make it easy to plan and enjoy your journey to Kedarnath and Badrinath.